May 2, 2013

New Tripod, Vanguard Alta Pro 263 AT...

I've been searching for a while now for a quick release plate and tripod mount that I could add to the tripod I've been using since 1995. I found what I needed and ordered it from my local camera shop. Well... the thing was on backorder for over a month and there was no clue as to when the item would become available.

So, I decided to cancel the order and buy a new tripod.



I bought the Vanguard Alto Pro 263 AT from Ivan's Camera in Moncton. Normally, the tripod and the head are sold separately. But, Ivan's was selling a package that included a Vanguard PH-32 Pan/Tilt head.

I think it will do what I need quite well. It's similar to my old Slik Able 300 HT in it's stability, strength, height, and adjustability, except that it is lighter, has a quick release head already included, has several level bubbles built into the head and is quicker and easier to set up.

The Vanguard Alta Pro 263 AT. I recommend it for all but the heaviest dSLR kits.. See a review by Jared Polin of FroKnowsPhoto.com.

--- Mark ---