September 22, 2014

Annica...

I did a shoot with the lovely Annica today.

Most of my portrait sessions are shot indoors with artificial light and strobes. However, I have been working on my outdoor and natural light portraits.

It was an awesome overcast day until shortly before my shoot. Then, of course, the wind picked up, blowing aside the clouds and revealing the harsh mid afternoon sun. Although, I did use an off camera flash to help illuminate my subject properly.

Oh well. mother nature seldom does what I want, so, I worked with the light that was available.

I was pleased with the results. Although, when I converted the images to black and white, I found them more appealing. However, I am a fan of the black and white look.

Here are a few of my favorites from the afternoon.

Annica - Copyright 2014 by Mark D. Lipton
Annica - Copyright 2014 by Mark D. Lipton
Annica - Copyright 2014 by Mark D. Lipton
It was a good afternoon.

--- Mark ---