August 29, 2015

Roller Derby...

A friend of mine from high school is into roller derby.  She plays on a team called the Mud River Rollers.. So, I arranged to go to a local Roller Derby match and take a few photos.

Unfortunately, the lens I have and the low light level at the Kay arena are not an ideal combination. But I managed to get a few photos. I had to use a high ISO and a fairly slow shutter speed in order to get any photos at all.... Not to mention a lot of noise reduction after the fact....  Sorry the photo's aren't tack sharp. I did the best I could with the tools I have.

Due to the limitations of my gear and of the venue, my goal was to capture the moment.











It is approaching  the end of the season for roller derby. Perhaps I'll try photographing it again next year. By then I should have a better grasp on the sport. It was my first experience with the sport... I wasn't sure what to look for....

--- Mark ---