December 9, 2017

RAW Versus JPG, what I think

For the record, I shoot almost exclusively in RAW.  However, due to some health issues that are affecting my vision, I may consider switching back to JPG.

I ran across this video on YouTube. I think it is a pretty good representation of why I feel shooting in RAW is important.

My opinion: Shooting RAW gives me the ability to recover more details in the highlights or shadows if I don't get the settings right in the camera.

I would prefer to get it right in the camera.  But I know that being visually impaired, sometimes what I see isn't the same as what others see.


For those who are interested in my personal journey, her is a limk to my personal Blog. http://theliptonianinstitute.blogspot.ca/

PS - my proof reader had to work this evening. So, please forgive any typo's. I did my best to re-read it myself.

--- Mark ---