June 30, 2015

Waterfowl Park

Today, I went for a drive with Ma Tante Lorraine and Ma Wife Linda; to the Sackville Waterfowl Park in Southern New Brunswick. What a disappointment that was.

First of all, the park was under repair due to a recent rain storm.  Normally I would accept this as a fact of nature. However, I was certain to check their web site the day before and there was no mention of any damage or construction.

Also, we didn't see any waterfowl at all the whole time we were there.

My wife said she saw one duck... and although I believe her. I couldn't spot it.

What a waste of a trip. And on top of that the staff that was manning the office while we were there, didn't seem to give a shit one way or the other. Except the one man that was there among a group of women.

I grabbed a few photos of the only non-dandelion flowers that I saw.

Copyright 2015 by Mark D. Lipton
Copyright 2015 by Mark D. Lipton
Copyright 2015 by Mark D. Lipton
While it is possible that they were just having a "bad day"... I don't plan to return any time soon, nor do I recommend that anyone else wastes  an afternoon this way.

In my opinion, it was a very disappointing afternoon.

--- Mark ---