July 2, 2015

Canada Day 2015

Linda, Dad, and I went to the Canada Day celebrations in downtown Moncton tonight. It was a good time and the entertainment was great.

The crowd was a lot bigger than usual this year and this made getting good pictures pretty challenging.

There was a rather larger crowd than I expected in front of me when Trooper started to play. I wasn't able to get many good shots. I'll have to plan it better next year.

 Oh well, they still put on a great show even if I couldn't get any good photos.

Trooper - Canada Day 2015
Due to my bad positioning in the crowd, I was unable to get a clear shot of the keyboard player or the guitarists... Please forgive the peoples hands at the bottom of the frame.

Here are a couple photos from one of the opening acts, I believe they are called  "The Backyard Devils".

The Backyard Devils
The Backyard Devils
We saw another group as well. They were also very good. But, I wasn't pleased with the photos so I didn't include any here.

Also, I wasn't able to find a decent spot to capture the fireworks display from. So, I didn't share any of them either.

In the end, it was a good night. The entertainment was quite good. And Trooper reminded me why they've been one of my favorite bands since 1975. The fireworks display was very good as well.

Happy Canada Day!

--- Mark ---